Everyone has things around their house that they no longer want or need. But, most times people don’t think about selling them.
People believe that their items are not wanted by others, so they end up tossing them.
It’s not true though, there is always someone that would want that item you are trying to toss.
I want to give you tips on how to make money selling stuff, because you can use this extra income to throw at your debt snowball to get it paid off faster.
- Go through all the rooms in your house and gather items that you no longer want or need. Some things to look for are appliances, clothes, exercise equipment, antiques or older items, jewelry, music, electronics, old ticket stubs or memorabilia, and books.
- Decide if you want to list your items on Ebay or if you would rather just deal with a local Facebook yard sale group. If you have a valuable piece of jewelry or something, I might would suggest you list it on Ebay. But, I actually prefer to just sell on local Facebook yard sale groups. I sell things faster on Facebook. I mean depending on the time of day it is I am getting responses immediately on the items I post.
- Make sure to take great pictures! Pictures really make the deal. Just think if an item were listed with no pictures or bad pictures, would you want to buy that item? No. So, make sure to take well lit pictures that really show the item you are trying to sell.
- Respond to people quickly whether on Ebay or Facebook. Don’t post an item right as you are going into a movie or something. You will want to make sure you are available to get back with someone quickly. I have had an item sell within minutes, and I was meeting them right after with it.
- Don’t have people come to your house. If you are using a local avenue to sell your items, don’t have people come to your house to pick that item up. It is not safe. Make sure to meet them in a public location.